Friday, October 19, 2012

HNAC Day 19: Spiders :(

Hi again long time no read ;)

I am SO not excited about today's challenge day for the Halloween Nail Art Challenge hosted by Glitter Obsession... it's SPIDERS eeeeeeeeek! I am a huge arachnophobe so I did NOT have fun with these :( Ok enough whining from the sissy over here :) I decided that this challenge must be done and I would not cry my way out of it so I tried to make the little buggers cute, and I don't think I did so horrible! 

But FIRST let me show you a picture of my mani before I put the spiders on it, I knew when I was creating this mani I wanted a somewhat muted background but as I was going through my polishes I found one of my forgotten gems, HITS Hefesto! So I painted my nails with Orly Decades of Dysfunction and then put one coat of HITS Hefesto over it and WOW was I in love :) So in love that I needed to show you a pic of it so take a look at them all! :)


Gorgeous right?! (even though it didn't photograph so well)


Colors used:
- Orly Decades of Dysfunction
- HITS Hefesto
- Black Acrylic Paint
- White Acrylic Paint










I wanted the spiders to look silly and had this great idea to use actually googley eyes for the eyes but alas, I didn't have any so there went that idea! I tried to create the googely eye effect by just making very large eyeballs and they are almost..... cute..... almost :)

What do you guys think??

Make sure you check out all of these challengers too! And thanks for reading guys!!! :)


29 comments:

  1. I too am an arachnophobe but these are fab and really fun! I've seen spider mani's that I've not been able to look at xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks!! :) And me too I'm afraid to look at everyone else's eeek ;)

      Delete
  2. That would have been cool if you had the eyes that move LOL
    Great Job

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Next time I've got to be sure I have some googley eyes on hand! :)

      Delete
  3. Cute spiders!!! I love them!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those spiders are adorable! I have no desire to squish them with a tissue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks!! I still hate spiders but I suppose these ones are too scary! :)

      Delete
    2. And by are I totally mean aren't ;)

      Delete
  5. I cant stand spiders, but these are sooo cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow amazing job! I hate spiders too! I love the ones you drew! They are so cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I probably won't be recreating this mani anytime soon but for the short while I wore it I wasn't totally freaked out! :)

      Delete
  7. how cute and funny are yours spiders, love them :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. The spiders are soooo cute! It was very brave of you to paint them on your nails :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are the cutest spider I've ever seen :))

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are totally cute. I love the furry bodies! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! They had to be cute or I wouldn't be able to wear them on my nails! LOL

      Delete
  11. I hate spiders too but at least these are cute :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had no choice but to make them cute or else there would be no challenge posted for today ;)

      Delete
  12. I hate spiders too but these are sooooo cuuuute. They look fluffy too. lol.
    (^^,)

    ReplyDelete
  13. It' an amazing job! :D I LOVE your spiders! *.*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks so much!! :) I suppose they're kind cute... for spiders anyways ;)

      Delete